Sugar Smart resources - Primary Schools
Make sure your school celebrations are Sugar Smart and involve your PTA with this handy Sugar Smart guide for your fundraising activities.
Sugar Smart Display and Assembly Pledges
All schools are asked to deliver these two pledges. Once you have registered, you will receive some hard copies of the relevant schools poster, some postcards and stickers to help you make your display. A school will also be invited to borrow further resources to enhance their Sugar Smart displays. These include a pull-up banner with the 'three things' message, bunting and a large PVC banner that can be attached to railings or school gates outside. Photos of these resources can be found here.
- Add the find us on facebook information to your display too!
Primary schools are asked to choose an additional 2 pledges from the list below
- Breakfast swaps information and packed lunch swaps information may also be useful for your display and can be used to inform parents too.
- Use the family pledge slips to ask families to make a Sugar Swap!
- Use our recipe sheets to inspire families - Tomato Pasta Sauce,Sweet and Sour or Carrot and Sultana Drop Scone
Get Children and Young People Sugar Creative Pledge
- Use our guide about involving Children and Young People in Sugar Smart.
- This handy Understanding Labels guide and Working out how many teaspoons of sugar are in products, will help to get your Staff, Children and Young People Sugar Smart!
- There are several free stop-frame animation apps available to make an animated film. See which messages could be turned into a short film and give it a go!
- Use the Sugar Smart Breakfast club guide and follow the two simple steps to complete this pledge
- Sugar Smart leaflet contains lots of interesting facts about added sugar
- Three Things Poster is a general poster encouraging everyone to do three things today to reduce their added sugar consumption - read the labels, swap a sweet snack, think before you drink
- Drinks poster compares the number of teaspoons of added sugar in a range of popular drinks with water (0 teaspoons!)
- Early Years poster shows the number of teaspoons of added sugar in a range of food and drinks commonly bought by families with young children. The poster is designed to raise awareness with parents before moving on to talk about suitable swaps to reduce the amount of added sugars consumed.
- Primary schools poster shows the number of teaspoons of added sugar in a range of common foods and drinks used in packed lunches and at home.
- Secondary schools poster is the same but uses examples that older children and young people are likely to consume.
- Change 4 Life Sugar Information - Some key sugar facts, swap ideas and daily added sugar guidelines